Our biggest challenges are educating the public, having sufficient funding, having enough rehabilitators and acquiring equipment.
Here are a few ways you can get involved and help us with our mission:
- Join Wildcare - Membership is open to any member of the public with an interest in and a desire to help native Australian wildlife. Visit the Join Wildcare page for more information.
- Sponsor Wildcare - Wildcare is a voluntary community organisation with no recurrent funding from government, and as such we would welcome support from other benevolent organisations to join the ranks of our generous sponsors listed at the bottom of this page. Visit our sponsorship page for more information.
- Wildcare Courses - Wildcare conducts a range of training courses throughout the year for both members and non-members. See the activities calendar for more information on upcoming courses.
- Donation Wish List - rescuing and rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife utilises a wider range of items than you might imagine. See our donation wish list or a list of items we urgently need that you might have and no longer need.
- Make a Cash Donation - Wildcare relies on donations, membership fees, and the occasional grant to finance the services it provides for our native species and to the local community. Our animals can't say thank you, but we can ...........THANKYOU. All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
- Make sure you have our phone number in your phone. Please also encourage your family members, friends, work colleagues and acquaintances to keep our phone number handy.
- Snake Handling Sponsorship Program. The Braidwood and Bungendore Community Banks have kindly agreed to sponsor four people to attend the Wildcare Snake Handling Course . Sponsorship is to support members of the community to train as Wildcare snake handlers and volunteer for snake call outs. Sponsorship covers training, equipment and membership fees. The program is open to members of the community who can assist with snake call outs in Bungendore, Wamboin and Bywong areas. Preference will be given to people available during business hours. To apply for sponsorship please complete the online Application Form.
Eastern bearded dragon (pogona barbata)
Photo by Brett Clifton